As Google Chrome surpassed Mozilla Firefox as the second most used browser in November, I thought it would be a good time to go over a few Chrome apps I feel are worth checking out. From productivity to gaming to social media apps, Google Chrome has a wide selection of “browser enhancements” I feel are pretty unique to the browser. Add to that its speed and you have in my opinion, the browser of the future.
Below are some of my favorites and a brief description of each:
- Conceptboard – Conceptboard is classified as a productivity app and is a cool way to collaborate and share information with team members, employees, friends or anyone else you feel like brainstorming with. With the ability to upload documents and edit them in real-time, this is the perfect application for companies looking for creative ways to brainstorm ideas. Conceptboard offers a free membership with the ability to upgrade to professional or enterprise memberships.
- LucidChart – LucidChart is another application filed under the productivity section of Google’s Chrome apps. LucidChart allows you to quickly and easy diagram flow charts, website mockups / wireframes and a number of other things. LucidChart is free with the option to upgrade to personal, professional or team membership levels depending on how frequently and to what extend you find yourself using their platform.
- TweetDeck – in my opinion, TweetDeck is one of the best free social media monitoring tools available. With the ability to manage, monitor and update multiple social media accounts from one screen, TweetDeck is quite the time saver. TweetDeck is FREE and offers a desktop version, iPhone app, Android app, Chrome app and a web version of their program. Easily manage your social media / online reputation with TweetDeck!
- Pixton Comic Maker – in today’s age of data visualization and unique content delivery methods, Pixton Comic Maker for Business is a tool worth exploring. Create unique marketing material and get your messages across via a comic strip through Pixton Comic Maker. Pixton offers FREE account signup. After signup, you must purchase credits depending on the type of comic you would like to make.
- Prezi – if you are tired of traditional data or research presentations or want to pitch your new company in a unique way, I recommend checking out Prezi which is a zooming based presentation tool perfect for presenting your information in a unique way. Prezi is a FREE tool.
I hope you find these Google Chrome apps useful.
What are some of your favorite Chrome apps?