Mobile Web is a topic that is being talked about a lot these days. With Google’s recent announcement that an estimated one billion people around the world will be connected to mobile web by the end of 2011, it’s no wonder small business owners are starting to get in on the act. For those not in the know, here are a few tips and facts to help you along.
1. In 2011, more than 85% of all handsets shipped globally will include web browsers.
2. Currently, 1 out of 5 Americans access the web from their mobile phones each day.
3. YouTube mobile alone gets over 100 million views a day.
4. Retailers have the potential to increase consumer traffic up to 85% just by providing a mobile website.
5. 1 out of 3 mobile searches are local searches.
What this means to you
If you are a small business owner, the best way to take advantage of local search is by having a mobile website that is also Search Engine Optimized. You’ll want to capitalize on local search by also having your business listed on search engines like Yahoo, Google and Bing.
Tip: Half of all consumers are more likely to buy from a business with a mobile website.
Fact: Only 12% of business owners say they are confident their websites are optimized for mobile web.
With that large of an amount of competitors missing the boat, it won’t take much for you to keep a step ahead of them. All you’ll need is a good mobile website with strong local-focused optimization.
MainStreetHost, a top-rated SEO company, provides mobile website design and mobile website optimization. Please visit http://www.mainstreethost.com/mobilewebdevelopment.html to learn more about this service. To receive monthly notices on discounts and savings regarding various other products and services, please feel free to sign up for our newsletter at http://www.mainstreethost.com.